Strength straining offers an endless amount of benefits. It can help shape a fit body, melt calories when not engaging in physical activity, and can protect from heart disease and osteoporosis. Although for you to achieve these benefits you must learn the proper form for each exercise. Form is most important in making sure you get these benefits and also to avoid injuries. Co-founder of Soho Strength Lab in New York, Albert Matheny says, "Practicing correct form will guarantee you're activating the correct muscles in the right order, so that you're working what you want to work,". Matheny lists and explains five very familiar exercises everyone should do and points our their rights and wrongs.
This model is performing a properly formed squat.
Squat as deep as you possibly can until your form wobbles.
1. Do not let your knees surpass your toes, and your knees should face the same direction as you toes.
2. Matheny says to keep your heels placed on the floor the entire time. Imagine you are spreading the floor apart with your feet.
3. Matheny says that it does not matter how far you stand apart as long as the rest of your form is absolute. The more narrow you can stand, the more flexible you are.
4. Look slightly up as you squat instead of looking down. Imagine trying to show off a picture on your shirt. This will help you keep your chest up.
1. Matheny says in order to get the most benefits and the full range of motion, ensure that you take lunges all the way down to the floor. If you cant feel how low you are or dont have a mirroe, you can even lightly hit your knee onto the ground.
2. Similar to the squat, do not let your knee surpass your toes. Doing this will put too much pressure onto the front knee, this is how pain and injury can occur.
Note: If you struggle while doing a front lunge with proper form, instead try a reverse lunge. Matheny says that stepping back instead of stepping forward forces you to use your glutes more, thus protecting the knees.
THE BICEPS CURL
1. Keep your shoulders back and chest up.
2. Keep your core tight throughout the exercise in order to protect chest muscles from injury.
3. Ensure your elbows stay at the sides of your body and do not come forward through the whole movement. It is common for people try to curl too much weight and it results in their elbows flying forward. This is a sign that you are not using your biceps and you can cause in injury for your back. When choosing a weight make sure you choose one that allows you to keep your elbows at your sides.
4. flex and tighten your glutes as you curl up the bells. This will help to secure your back and pelvis which will prevent injury.
1. Your hips must be aligned with or somewhat elevated relative to your shoulders, although you're butt should also be level to the rest of your body.
2. Make sure your abs are flexed the whole time.
3. At a 90 degree angle, make sure to keep shoulders directly over your elbows.
4. Your hands must be shoulder-width apart. Do not clasp hands together when performing a forearm plank. Holding onto dumbbells in each hand will help with the discomfort in your write, and makes sure you're hands are not together.
1. Keep a minor bend in knees throughout the whole exercise.
2. Push out your behind back behind you.
3. Keep your back flat and straight. Keeping your core engaged helps get the all the benefits and helps balance. Though, Matheny says that the main job of abs in this exercise is to keep your back from curving, which can cause pain and injury.
4. To avoud straining your neck, keep you're neck and head aligned with your back.
5. Do not let your behing go up in the air as you lower down the weights. Doing this means you are pulling the weight up with your upper body, instead of using your back muscles.
6. Do not allow the weights to go out in front of you while you stand up, try your best to keep them against your legs.
*Source: www.msn.com: The 5 Exercises Most Likely to Cause Injury*
Not only can acupressure therapy help get rid of your symptoms, it can align the working of your body, work as an efficient diagnostic tool and calm your mind. This article will highlight 9 different facts about Acupressure that you might not know about.
First things first, acupressure is cost free. this is because it can be applied by yourself, relaxing at home. furthermore, people participating in this art professionally do not require too much space. Acupressure is great because it can be practiced by people of all ages and doesn't take a lot of time to get a certification. So, for all the very active and unavailable professionals, this is the best and quickest way to keep healthy.
3) It causes the least amount of pain when finding a deeper issue
Acupressure is a great health related issue indicator. The only thing needed in order to get a diagnosis is to put pressure onto the point on the body, and if you experience pain, it is likely that the gland or organ it is linked to needs medical attention. The system is so definite that a trainer practitioner can find the condition in the earliest stage of its development.
Acupressure practitioners say that one has to stimulate bilaterally, for example, on both hands or both sides of the body and the feet. The symptoms may develop after the first stimulation, but this is an implication that the treatment is working and the body is getting rid of the toxins. After applying the treatment to the pressure points, always press the kidney point too, this will stimulate it to get rid of the toxins made by the ill organ.
5) Helps the body and mins.
6) One technique for the whole body.
Acupressure therapy can mend anything from back pain, to water retention, to headaches, and to anxiety. When the points linked to the place in the body that needs healing is gently stimulated, it helps to fix the said organ. Over time you will be able to tell the problem is gently improving. Besides the therapeutic benefit, acupressure soothes the mind as well, causing it to feel refreshed and able to deal with the weight of the day ahead.
7) It's a simple health tool.
Professionals urge people to use acupressure therapy on a daily basis. It is said that when it is thoroughly followed; the therapy and its many benefits can be an active self tool that can be practiced on your own.
8) Your hands and feet connect to your whole body
The principles of acupressure state that the human body has more than 200 pressure points. Though, most professionals trust that the feet and hands are the parts that should be the focus. The principles also say that stimulating these points make a reflex within its linked body part. All you have to do to diagnose impending problems or check for sound health in an individual is to apply pressure on the designated pressure points of the foot and hand effectively once a day.
9)Beautiful jewelry can act as acupressure.
Covering yourself entirely with jewelry, like waistbands, toe rings, armlets, anklets, rings, and anklets, serve much more benefits than decoration. The people that wear a lot of jewelry and often, closely to related pressure points can help stimulate them. This helps the body stay in good health. For example, in a majority of Indian cultures, women choose to wear toe or nose rings. Both of these points are linked to fertility, they are to establish good operation in the uterus.
Although there are so many benefits, like any therapy you must be aware of precautions.
The following are some critical things to keep in mind when applying pressure:
*Source: thehealthsite.com, "Acupressure - 10 amazing facts!"
The method of acupuncture is meant to heal the body; it was created in China a century ago and is known as being a spiritual practice of mending the body. The creators of acupuncture understood that the energy within our body travels by different channels. The movement of energy is uneven when a type of interruption in these channels occurs. To bring back the balance in the body, acupuncture therapy is then practiced.
In theory there is more than 2000 pressure points on the skin that are connected to each internal organ. Acupuncture consists of sticking long, stainless steel needles into the pressure points, to heal different diseases. The therapy has proven amazing results on patients, though its potential still remains to be an mystery.
Acupuncture therapy is expressed as one of the most famous practices of mending the human body. There is almost always an acupuncture clinic in a majority of major cities in the nation. Despite being full of arguments and conflict, there are multiple benefits from acupuncture: Here are some examples of the many benefits:
*Source: yogawiz.com; "Benefits of Acupuncture"*
Acupressure involves applying pressure to specific points on your body; the concept is to physically enhance blood flow to the largest nerves in the body, which encourages healthy nerve activity. It also encourages capital cellular function, as all cellular activity, ultimately administered by your nervous system.
You can preserve healthy muscles through routine exercise, and you can also manage healthy nerves with regular acupressure.
One of the greatest features out of many of acupressure is that you do not need to spend a vast amount of money over a long period of time in order to learn how to do it properly.
With attending a 300-hour postgraduate medical acupuncture program, Dr. Ben Kim spent multiple days examining dozens of blood vessel and key nerve points within the face and body. He distinctly recalls the head educator stating that even if we treated the same five most powerful points on each patient, regardless of the health conditions being treated, we would most likely get exceptional results.
Through Dr. Kim's practice with providing acupressure and acupuncture treatments, he found that most individuals experience powerful health gain by routinely stimulating only three points on a regular basis. For distinct health matters, it is most beneficial to have a clinician examine more points on the body too. Though for the majority of patients, implementing pressure to these three points, multiple times a week can give a good improvement to the nervous system and overall health.
The following are explanations and pictures of the 3 acupressure points that Dr. Kim recommends most patients to practice on themselves, to encourage and maintain better overall health:
1. "Large Intestine 4 (LI-4): located in the soft, fleshy web that sits between your thumb and forefinger.
Anatomy: this point corresponds with a muscular branch of the median nerve, the deep branch of the ulnar nerve, proper palmer digital nerves from the first common palmar digital nerve, and the superficial branch of the radial nerve. Tributary branches of the cephalic vein, the radial artery, and the first dorsal metacarpal artery and companion veins can also be found in this region."
2. "Liver 3 (LR-3): located in the soft flesh that sits between your big and 2nd toes, the equivalent of LI-4 on your foot.
Anatomy: this point corresponds with the medial dorsal cutaneous nerve, the medial branch of the deep peroneal nerve, and a muscular branch from the deep branch of the lateral plantar nerve. The dorsal venous network of the foot , the first dorsal metatarsal artery, and a companion vein are also found in this region."
3. "Spleen 6 (SP-6): located approximately three finger widths above the inner ankle bone, in a tender region of the lower calf muscle.
Anatomy: this point is found in between the medial margin of the tibia and the soleus muscle. As you go deeper, this point corresponds with the flexor digitorum longus and flexor hallucis longus muscles. This point also corresponds with a cutaneous branch of the saphenous nerve, motor branches of the tibial nerve, and the deeper trunk of the tibial nerve. A superficial branch of the great saphenous vein, the posterior tibial artery, and a companion vein to the posterior tibial artery are also in this region."
*Sources: drbenkim.com - by: Dr. Ben Kim*