1) You graduate with the skills to get a job right out of school. Massage therapy studies involve a lot of practical and hands-on training so by the time students graduate, they feel confident enough in their skills and have enough training to start working right away.
2) Massage therapists are licensed professionals. To become a licensed therapist you must complete a certificate program as well as hundreds of practical hours. This higher degree of requirements has created a greater level of respect for this profession.
3) Having the opportunity to work in exciting and exotic locations. Tourist spots and cruise ships are always hiring massage therapists for their spas. As well beach resorts are always looking for massage therapists which gives you the amazing opportunity to vacation while at work.
4) You can set your own work hours. Since most massage therapists are self-employed, they are able to set appointments based off their own schedule which can be very useful.
5) Your work environment is relaxing. Often massage therapists are surrounded with a great ambiance because they want to make sure their clients are relaxed and in a better state of mind after their massage. This means that the massage therapist themselves also get to enjoy this ambiance.
6) You get the satisfaction of helping others. Massage therapists offer invaluable service to people who are in pain, recovering from injuries or experiencing stress. Massage therapy speeds up healing processes and can also help with restoring emotional balance.
7) Your clients will always look forward to seeing you. Going to your massage therapist is associated with positive feelings and a good experience unlike going to see your doctor or dentist.
8) You are always physically active at work. Massage therapists work on their feet and engage their entire body when giving a massage. Since the nature of the work is physically demanding, as a result you end up in great shape.
9) In high demand in the workforce. As the value of licensed massage therapists increases, it has been predicted that the job demand is supposed to grow considerably in the next decade. New massage therapy jobs are being created constantly in nursing homes and hospitals.
10) Eventually you can become your own boss. Many massage therapists work out of their own homes or travel to client's houses. Some are able to establish their own clinics and employ other massage therapists as well.
*Source: Fremont College*