1) Headaches: 20 sessions of electroacupuncture within four weeks has reduced the number of monthly migranes. Electroacupuncture is a form of acupuncture where electric current is applied to the needles.
2) Seasonal Allergies: People with seasonal allergies (eg. sneezing and runny nose) saw a tremendous improvement after 12 sessions of acupuncture and were able to use antihistamines less often.
3) Mood/ Depression: Weekly acupuncture treatment can reduce signs of depression within three months, which are results similar to counseling. This is due to the fact that acupuncture regulates the specific neurotransmitters that make you happy.
4) Throat: 10 sessions of acupuncture over the course of one month was able to treat acid reflux disease and soothed heartburn better than increasing medicine dosage. This may be due to regulating acid secretion and speeding up digestion.
5) Heart: Regularly attending acupuncture has shown to decrease markers of stress and lower blood pressure which results in positive effects on the heart.
6) Immune system: Specifically placed needles during an acupuncture treatment can boost the activity of immune cells that destroy infections.
7) Sleep: Acupuncture increases the production of neurotransmitters associated with sleep and relaxation. This is incredibly helpful to insomnia sufferers.
8) Back Pain: 5 consecutive weeks of treatments, twice each week, has shown to relieve and lessen lower back pains for up to six months.
9) Menopause: Acupuncture can potentially regulate body temperature. This means that treatment can lessen the frequency and severity of hot flashes for up to three months after treatment.
10) Weight: Acupuncture is able to help obese adults with weight loss. A study demonstrated that an obese adult was able to shed up to 9 pounds over the span of 2 weeks to 4 months.
*Sources: www.prevention.com By: Jessica Migala*